Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Technology! UGHGHGHG!!!!!!!!!!


So.....my key board bit the dust...and I mean BIT IT! Not a key working. Poof! Overnight it decided it had had enough...kids?...hmmmm.......lol...So I post this on my FB and get a wonderful offer of a free keyboard..YIPPY! Used and free..lol...but the connection was the round plug in...my computer is USB only! Typical %^%^$ computer industry...lets change up the attachments and chargers so the consumer has to buy new....and make sure the accessories last only  year...UGHGHGHGH!!! Is it just me or do you agree that things are made to work just within the warranty period them WHAM!....they fall apart...just in time for you to fork out more money for a "better" model. So I went to Staples and got a wireless keyboard..on sale...and find it quite handy doing taxes as I can move it around the stacks of receipts..lol..

In retrospect my dislike of shopping actually follows the technological advancements....I don't get it! MP3? Ipod? Ipad? Gigabyte? Etc....as long as my programs work the how of it is all a mystery....and the new technology just confuses me more. Now when I walk in a store it's Blu-Ray this vs HD that...???? If it were not for my FB friends my choice of TV for my hubby for Xmas would have been sorely lacking..lol...So you can imagine my confusion when I walk into a mall and look at all this stuff I don't understand and have no desire to get even a smidgen of knowledge about.....my lack of desire to even be there is heightened immensely!

Even writing this blog has challenged the techie side of my brain....how do I add pics? Oh no!...the pic took over the whole page!...how to make it smaller?...oh no I deleted it?...nope..there it is...the size of a pea....ughghghghhg...lol! Editing the format? Took me 15 tries and it's staying as is for now..lol....Adding links? It creates a new post but there is a way to attach it to the bottom of current posts...just have no clue how to do it....And can't phone a friend as we are all kind of on the same wave length....so....it's trial and error and error some more..lol...

So we are 24/25...I needed a key board compatible with my computer and had no way around that one unless I went on a week long quest...which given it is tax season and I'm swamped...was not an option for me. The kids still need shoes...and told them to suck it up buttercups and give me a chance to find some used..lol....I know...such a mean Mom....get over it kids...;)

Technically Challenged...and then some...Big Ass Mama Love to you all!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment